BootsnAll Travel Network



Bye Byron Bay

Hi y’all… currently Jim and I are in Brisbane, so I am about one location behind…

The last two days we spent in Byron Bay, which is a very laid-back town on the beach. There are tons of surfers and TONS of hippies everywhere. We stayed at a really nice YHA that had a $6 BBQ one night. We played cards with two English kids and a German girl, then shared our wine with a Japanese guy. Hostelling is cool!

We were pretty laid back there and didn’t do much except relax and go to the beach sometimes. There were lots of surfers and I finally did go out into the water a little bit. It was crystal clear but colder than Thailand!

I was so paranoid about the sun that I pretty much laid under a sheet while I was out there and had my big J-Lo hat on. I know I probably looked like a total dork next to all the hot bodies laying out trying to get a tan.

So what else? Jim wanted to stay longer but I was bored with the place. All there was to do was lie on the beach…. Woo hoo.

So we took the bus up here to Brisbane, 3 hours away. In case I didn’t explain, we have a Greyhound bus ticket that goes all the way to Cairns and we can get on and off whenever we want.

Alrighty, that’s it on Byron!



Tags:

Comments are closed.