BootsnAll Travel Network



Movin’ on Up

We are now in Noosa, about 2 hours north of Brisbane. We ended up staying two nights at our friends’ house, and we had a great time. They were the best hosts EVER and their hospitality was great. They were so laid back and funny and generous. We even went and played a little cricket!! Can you believe it? It was sort of like a batting cage except you have a cricket bat and we took turns pitching. Pitching was the absolute hardest because you aren’t supposed to bend your arm. So that was really fun to try. You’ll see pictures. (It’s really hard to post pictures here because there are rarely pure internet cafes–they are usually travel agencies without the equipment to post pics.)

crickjim.jpg
Jim batting. or whatever they call it.

Me attempting to “pitch” (?) to Trina. This is cool because you can see the ball in the air.

Yesterday they drove us to Noosa and unfortunately it was raining all day (and looks to rain today too). I was actually sad for them to go. It was great to hang around some locals. They gave us a little Aussie flag, too. I hope they come to NY so we can repay the favor!

mower.jpg
On the way we saw The Big Mower. I guess all over Australia they have these “big” things, like the Big Pineapple, the Big Prawn, etc etc at gas stations and such. Tasteful, eh?

Now we are trying to plan our trip to Fraser Island, the world’s biggest sand island, and also the Whitsunday Islands. Both trips are considered “must-do’s” in Australia. Unfortunately they also cost a bit of money. Grumble, grumble.

It’s raining again and I have to go. Later!



Tags:

Comments are closed.