BootsnAll Travel Network



Bangkok & Khoa San Rd

Yesterday we just walked around the street we are staying on, Khoa San. It is OVERRUN with tourists. It’s crazy. There are at least four 7-11s on the short little street. But in a way it is kind of nice.. better than staying on a street with a bunch of skyscrapers or something. There are food vendors everywhere. We had a big bottle of freshly squeezed OJ for 10 baht, which is like 20 cents. Then a half fresh pineapple cut up for 20 baht. Then a thin pancake with bananas and chocolate for 30 baht. YUM!
kokoasan.jpg

This is Khoa San Road. “Nana Inn” on the left is where we stayed.

Today we went to the weekend market and I got some simple fishermans pants for about 3 bucks. We signed up for a day tour tomorrow to Ayuthaya, the old capital with lots of wats, or temples. Jim and I have no idea what we want to do next, how we want to get to Chiang Mai–fly or bus up there making stops on the way.

The air here is SO polluted and so gross. We took a public bus today (did you know Bangkok has no subway) and I was just about choking on the fumes from outside. The good news was that the weather was awesome today. Yeah, it rained and was cloudy, but it wasn’t hot at all!!! It feels weird to not be covered with sweat.

Well, time’s almost up. See you later!



Tags:

One response to “Bangkok & Khoa San Rd”

  1. Marc says:

    wow, you’re so lucky!!