BootsnAll Travel Network



Ayuthaya

Well, another day in Bangkok. There are’t many redeeming qualities about this city, so far…. it is extremely polluted, smells really bad, are tons of mosquitoes, can be really hot and humid, and it is dirty. The good thing: DIRT CHEAP. Every day we are amazed and delighted by the cheapness. Yesterday we took a tour at Ayuthaya, the old capital of Thailand about 2 hours away, and it cost 450 baht apiece, about $11 dollars for a whole day.

[Days Later Note: I realized that I didn’t say anything about how the trip went. We saw lots of really interesting wats in Ayuthaya, enough to satisfy us for a long time. There was a huge reclining Buddha and we got lots of great pictures… here are two.]

ayu1.JPG
Ayuthaya…there were so many ruins like this… very interesting and beautiful. The guide kept mentioning the Burmese Army and how they came over and cut the heads off the statues and even stole gold from Thailand then built a temple with Thai gold in Burma!

Picture: It’s not hard to get great photos because the ruins were so awesome.

…..

We just ate breakfast and later tonight we are taking a night train to Chiang Mai, way up north. We don’t even know what we’ll do today, maybe go to Chinatown. It seems strange to us that there is a Chinatown here… [Days Later Note: We saw “Along Came Polly.” It was a lot funnier than I thought it would be.]

Maybe I will get a massage today, they are like 80 baht for a half hour. But this girl on our tour yesterday had bruises on her arms because they did it so hard. Yikes.

Jim rebelled against the shower gel I brought and he went and bought a bar of soap. the only plastic soap container they had was a Hello Kitty one, with a little cartoon bunny on the front that says “Pretty Mindy.” Oh, it was great when he came back from the store with that, ha ha. So now when we refer to soap, it’s Pretty Mindy. Well, I’ve got 4 mins left. Sorry I don’t have more exciting news.



Tags:

One response to “Ayuthaya”

  1. Carl says:

    “Pretty Mindy”…
    Muhahahahaahahhhahaahaa!