BootsnAll Travel Network



6 Fingered Massage

Ok. Today we took our first tuk-tuk (motorized short of bike transportation) to Wat Pho. (In case you forgot, a wat is a Buddhist temple). It was really cool looking. The wats are about the only redeeming quality of Bangkok.

bangkokwat.JPG

The rest of the city stinks, and I mean IT STINKS! Between the smell of sewer, rotten food on the streets, car pollution, and cat & dog crap, it is disgusting.

I don’t know if I have mentioned, there are stray dogs and cats all over. The only word to describe them is “mangy.” They have raw spots and limps and missing fur some of the time. We saw some really sad ones.

kodogs2.JPG
Mangy dogs at some wat (not in Bangkok, I don’t think). There are probably chickens nearby.

Anyway, we are glad to be going to Chiang Mai tonight. We are using the ‘net since there isn’t anything else to do before our train leaves at 7:40pm.

SO, after the wat we walked to a massage school because I was SO ready for a cheap massage and the guidebook said it was a good reputable place. There are massage places everywhere. I had to talk Jim into getting once since he didn’t care.

So we got 1-hour massages for a total of about $16. Wow, huh. Jim’s masseuse was a tiny little Thai guy and that made me laugh since Jim said he would never let a guy massage him since it is “gay.” Mine was a tiny little Thai chick who probably weighed 80 pounds. I notice Jim’s guy has…an extra thumb?? He had a smaller thumb on both hands above his regular thumb!

Jim’s masseuse had twelve fingers!

JIM’S MASSEUSE HAD TWELVE FINGERS!

After the massage I mentioned something to Jim and HE DIDN’T KNOW. How could he not notice this guy rubbing his extra fingers all over his body??? Wow. Anyway, the massage was ok. I didn’t think my lady pushed hard enough, but I could see Jim’s boy really going at it. All in all, it was ok.

Jim got his pictures burned to a CD again so next time I have net I should be able to put more up.

Next time I time you I’ll be in Chiang Mai and out of this hell hole!



Tags:

6 responses to “6 Fingered Massage”

  1. Claire says:

    I wonder if he had twelve toes?? You’ll never know. At least he was in the right business.

  2. Carl says:

    Exactly what I was going to say – he makes good use of his extra fingers! 🙂

  3. Rhonda says:

    I love your stories sister. I would pay extra for a twelve finger massage! Happy travels.

  4. Sean says:

    Kelly,

    As you are writing your posts…save them in draft format for instances like this.

    Cheers

  5. jenny says:

    OMG, this line- “How could he not notice this guy rubbing his extra fingers all over his body???” made me laugh out loud for a good solid minute.

    toooo. funny!

  6. kelly says:

    Sean, it was the computers fault that the post was lost, just so you know.. not a website malfunction or anything.

    I’m glad you guys like my posts and I love reading your comments!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *