BootsnAll Travel Network



raining sheep and cows…

Hiking back from Gannett Colony

We’ve stumbled into unusual weather in springtime New Zealand with flooding and wind at 120 KM/H, so we’re exploring some of the interiors of the area (otherwise known as stuck). No tenting for us! Instead, last night we spent the night in a virtually empty old nurses’ quarters of an old hospital – yes, it’s as creepy as it sounds.

Tonight, with Wellington’s airport cancelling flights left and right and our hopes to take a ferry from the North Island to the South Island, we may stay the night in aptly-named Greytown.

All is not doom & gloom though, we’ve had some wonderful hospitality (otherwise known as free beer) and yesterday hiked 19km to and from a gannett colony (see pictures).

Gannett Colony



Tags:

One response to “raining sheep and cows…”

  1. Sharon says:

    Nice pics!

    Glad to see you’re off on your adventure. 🙂 Josh and I will be following along.

    -Sharon

    PS Nothing much new @FactSet…the oldtimers vs. youngtimers game is tonight, so expecting some trash-talk soon.

    PPS Cara you’re missed at the lunch table!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *