BootsnAll Travel Network



Ahmedabad

Besides being awfully fun to say, Ahmedabad isn’t such a bad city. Supposedly it has choking pollution, but maybe after a few of the other indian cities it doesn’t affect me so much. The runny black snot nose count is much lower (enjoy the visual). More people ask our names and where we are from, the default questions, but actually after the 50th time in the day begins to wear on you. The upside is those conversations rarely end in a sales pitch. It’s also nice that the 10-15 minute random conversations with people on the street are just that, conversations. In the past it has been trying to invest effort chatting just to have it end in some commercial prospect. The beggars here trump all others thus far and can be very tenacious, grabby, and persistent and evoke more annoyance than pity or generosity, which maybe says something about me.

The food here is the best we have had, cheap, and is threatening to add back the pounds I lost in NZ. It also did not agree with Cara’s tummy and she has been in bed all day long, hopefully to recover shortly.



Tags:

One response to “Ahmedabad”

  1. Donna says:

    Feel better, Cara! Miss you both. D

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *