BootsnAll Travel Network



Fisherman’s wharf -SF part 4

I left pier 33 afte rthe trip and as only 2.30pm I got myself a bicycle rickshaw with ‘James’ along to piers 43/44. I was in need of refreshment so went into Castagnola’s for a couple of vodka tonics with a lovely view of the marina and all the boats there.
As I was walking along I was sucked into a boat trip around the Alcatraz island and with a view of the Golden Gate bridge. It was after 4pm when we set off and the weather was cooling down along with the sea breeze and I had to put my woolly hat on for the first time since I’ve been here! There were many sea birds along the docks but the brown pelicans were the attraction for me – last seen on Galapagos islands! It was only $10 so for me a bargain, as my rickshaw drive was $10 too! Still, the price you have to pay for a gammy leg! It was after 5pm when we got back so I walked along a bit lookingat the shops and stands and decided I fancied some fish and chips – very British eh! The fish here is amazingly fresh, especially cod, my favourite. So, I went to Tarantino’s – don’t think owned by the film director but as I feel as if I am on a film set, it seemed fitting. I pushed the boat out (as it were!) with a sparkling wine starter, followed by fish and chips with the amazing sour dough bread they have here, followed by a dessert of white wine. Lovely. I sat looking at the harbour as the sun went down and Fisherman’s wharf gradually lit up. Bliss! I went along to the F trolley bus – amazing all wood fittings and seats, and set off ‘home’. You pay $2 and this can be used for up to 4 hours on any bus or trolley. I changed for a number 79 bus which dropped me off on the corner by the Red Victorian. I was late in – 8.45pm! but the night manager made me a camomile tea to take up to my summer of love room. (cafe in B&B closes 8pm), Exhausted and happy I went to sleep early knowing I didn’t have to put the alarm on for breakfast! What a civilised place it was!

i



Tags:

Leave a Reply