BootsnAll Travel Network



Did You Miss me?

Yes Im still alive and yes I still have all my fingers. Though my first index finger on my left hand has started to go numb everytime I play my fiddle so I may soon lose that one, but I still have seven fingers and two thumbs at the time of writing with which to type so I have no excuse except that I have nothing to write about.

Well of course there are things I can write about if you want me to… I mean I could tell you what I had for breakfast this morning (rolled oats) or the book Im reading (Bookseller of Kabul). Or how I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory the other weekend and I had the best costume out of anybody there. OR how last week I managed to flood the hostel and drown my cellphone in two separate incidents – my water qi is obviously out of balance. Speaking of water, I just filled my bottle up from the tap and its green. Must be authentic traditional Irish water. Do you want to buy some for exorbitant prices? But green is a vegetable anyway so its okay. (And purple is a fruit).

Last night I went to my first Doolin concert – very civilized, no headbanging here. The musician was Luka Bloom, a talanted singer and guitarist whose songs, though some be rather slow and downbeat have a nice folksy Irish feel to them. It was a really nice atmosphere – just 50 or so people at the local music cafe – and all in all the night ended up being worth my 18EU.

Today I visited Ennistymon, one of many small towns in Ireland with a funny name. Try saying it – I bet you’ll say it wrong. Anyway I just went to stock up on veg and chocolate – highlight of my week.

But other than that the truth of it is life in Dools is rather routine just at the moment. No dragons or sword fights here. Nothing exciting or escapist to occupy your minds. Maybe I should buy a sword and challenge someone to a duel. Basically I eat, I sleep, I flood the hostel, I contemplate the universe according to Swami Em.

You can however look forward to an exciting new series of entries designed to educate the un-traveleducated on the ways of travel and hostelling in Ireland according to just plain old Em.



Tags:

10 responses to “Did You Miss me?”

  1. Nardz says:

    Question…. What exactly did you wear to win “best costume” at the Charlie and the Chocolate factory movie?
    If you want to win another costume competition, you are welcome to win my sparkling yellow jumpsuit 🙂

  2. Nardz says:

    I mean “wear” my sparkling yellow jumpsuit… Or win if you want, but I guess you will have to battle me for it. I need it to practice my trapeze.

  3. lyn says:

    hehe. I’m glad Nardz’s comment makes sense to us. that way, it’s only everyone else in the world who thinks we’re crazy with the sparkling yellow jumpsuits and trapeze practice.

  4. Patrice says:

    You guys are crazy! I’m ashamed to admit being related to one of you!

  5. Nardz says:

    What do you mean ASHAMED!!! Sh*t, you damn lucky, you are related to me!!!
    Ungrateful girl!!

  6. Em says:

    Nardz for the record, I fully support your wearing of sparkling yellow jumpsuits. Em endorses sparkly yellowness.

  7. Nardz says:

    Em, do you wanna be my cousin?? I at least want a cousin, that has style…
    What’s not to like about sparkling yellow jumpsuits!! Especially on me!!

  8. Winitana says:

    I’m sure you look fab in you SYJ (sparkly yellow jumpsuit). And with your Ninja powers and trapeze, someone should give you your own show. You could call it “Just Nardz”

  9. lyn says:

    you can wear your SYJ (thanks Winitana, for the easy acronym) when you play a ninja in one of my movies, Nardz.

  10. ang says:

    I am fully ready to pay my hard earned $14.50 to see a SYJ wearing ninja-nardz movie!