BootsnAll Travel Network



To Toil or to Travel?

I know, this should be a no-brainer. But my original plan was to find some part-time work and save up for a trip later in the year. However, it turns out that jobs in the village are thin on the ground and even if there’s an opening I’d dread working alongside those spotty teenagers at Sainsbury’s. Also, if I have to stay here for the entire winter I might grow crazy—I’m not really the type for coffee mornings at the local Women’s Institute.

Now it turns out that John will have some money available from an inheritance. I am torn because it is not really morally defensible for me to squander even a tiny bit of it on travel, but then again sod it! It won’t be until March anyhow because of an outstanding court appearance (long story which I will eventually tell on my other blogif I can psyche myself up for it, that is).

All the while I am toying with a new business idea. It has been staring me in the face all along: the business park where John works comprises dozens, nay hundreds, of companies. Anywhere on the Continent such a compound would have a café with a decent foodcounter at the very least—but there is nothing on-site. There are however empty groundfloor premises in a central location. Now I can’t get the idea of the ‘CALLEVA CANTEEN’ out of my mind. Could this an ‘EATS’ Mark II (also something that will become apparent from my other blog)?

And finally, if I decide to travel in March (and I think I should—if only to think more carefully about any future madcap schemes): where will I go?

Decisions, decisions…

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.