BootsnAll Travel Network



The Ultimate Sportsdrink

I can’t stand it. The first thing I heard on the radio this morning was some sqeaky American slurring that coconut milk, drunk from a coconut, is the latest trend in New York.

“Eh, like yeah, you know, the ultimate sports drink. It’s all natural, ya know…”

No kidding.

I’ve decided to rain on their parade. I can’t stand the thought of up-their-own-ass-trendy New Yorkers posing with a goddamn coconut.

Coconut juice is rich, and I’ve always considered it as a meal in itself. My first look confirmed that coconut milk contains 552 calories and 57.2 g fat, mainly saturated. But these silly New Yorkers are talking about coconut water, even though they don’t call it that. This is much better at 46 calories and 1% fat per cup. And 6.3 g sugars.

I’ve got to hand it to them, as distatefull the thought of coconut-slurping New Yorkers posing in the latest jogging gear, i-pods sticking out from their asses, makes me feel, I’m not saying that it doesn’t work.

Quote from The Whales of Trincomalee:

‘I was exhausted from all the walking and activity of the day and the unrelenting rain was sapping my energy. I was also dehydrated, my water bottles had been empty since rowing back across the lagoon. So I drank the coconut juice. It left me instantly refreshed and re-charged. It was sweet, hence contained energy, along with vitamins and minerals. It struck me that this was the perfect sports-drink.’

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.