BootsnAll Travel Network



Malaysia Morning

beach1.jpg

My first really amazing morning of the trip, here on Pulau Lakawi in Malaysia. The sun is out, but it did not get oppressively hot until noon. I spent the time watching the antiques of the ‘Gecko’ guesthouse’s tame monkey (it had managed to disconnect the television areal. It still startles me to see a monkey bound across the room instead of one of the ubiquitous cats) and eventually crossed the road to find some breakfast. And there it was: a glaring white beach with sand finer than caster sugar. A cluster of islands with coconut palms leaning lazily into the view. The sea was barely cool and as smooth as silk on my skin. Everywhere, tiny crabs obsessively shaped the sand into pearly balls which were so neat that it seemed a shame to step on them. Doing so felt pleasantly prickly on the sole of my feet.
crab holes.jpg

There is no USB in this town, so sadly the photos have to wait [fixed;)]. And I should really go and get some food now. This afternoon, I’ll be out island hopping.
beach2.jpg

Meanwhile, my attempts at learning Bahasa continue. I keep forgetting the word for ‘thank you’, the most important word of all. Eventually I had to memorise it by thinking of the Earth, a rimmed hat and a suitcase: Te-rim-a kasih—Terima kasih. Why is it so hard to say thank you?

Don’t ask me the time in Bahasa—yet.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.