BootsnAll Travel Network



Crete Itinerary–Yippee!

John has work commitments (what else) and with just two weeks at our disposal, we decided to stay in Crete rather than travel around. Having a plug to connect the laptop to is a requirement, so I reluctantly gave up on several eco-villages.

One of my influences in devising the itinerary was a Swedish-Greek guy I met at Eastercon. He raved at length about Greece, but when I asked him what his most favourite place was of all, he didn’t hesitate.

“Chania!”

Chania turns out to be both a town and a region on Crete, so my mind was made up.

We’ll travel from Heraklion to Chania after our arrival on Friday evening the 18th and stay in a traditional 15th century Venetian townhouse in the old town.

The next day (Saturday) it’s on to the only bus to Frangokastello (fortunately it leaves at two in the afternoon) where we will stay in an old mill directly on the beach for five nights before ferry-hopping to Palaeochora at the South-Western tip of Crete where we are staying at a charming little homestay (with communal kitchen) for Greek Orthodox Easter and the remainder of our holiday. There might even be an opportunity for some whale watching!

Two weeks and one day to go 😀

Tags: , , ,



Comments are closed.