BootsnAll Travel Network



(COR7): Cursed Wednesday

I really could scream. Nothing is going right today. I had to wait an entire week before John could find the time to use his Windoze laptop to hotsynch the latest version of WordSmith onto my Palm this morning, along with some other upgrades. The good news is that now the 64MB Proporta Probackup card works—it did require the copy update which was not installed together with the desktop support package—and that means that the data on the card were not corrupted after all. Nice. And now I have two backup cards.

This would be spiffy if only I had a working version of Wordsmith as well. The one that came with my clearance-sale Logitech keyboard pre-dates the turn of the millenium. The later versions all have Virtual File System support which means that they can save documents directly onto SD cards. Or so they claim.

I got so carried away with reading the manual that I paid my 30 dollars registration fee with no further hesitation. So today we uploaded the latest, shiny version onto my freshly re-vamped Palm. Thank God I did not download the registration key as well since John had to rush off to work: when I opened my sparkling new version of WS there was no VFS support anywhere in sight. I’m back at square one: my Palm is still a dumb device that can’t do anything without being wedded to my husband’s Windoze machine.

I want to take the damn thing half-way around the world, damnit! I’m sick of it. I’m chucking in this writing game!

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.