BootsnAll Travel Network



Finally

Figured out how to access my blog to post updates, actually Chris at Boots figured it out, so we are off and running now.

Pina gave the basics yesterday, just a bit to fill in. Just want to mention any one flying from YYZ to the US refrain from doing so on a Monday morning as the line ups at US Customs are crazy and from what I gathered it is the same every Mon. at least on Air Canada, I know I swore never to use them but seeing as they are the only non stop YYZ-FLL I broke down and used them for the first time in 25 yrs, haven’t changed and still prefer AA  that I used FLL-DFW and DFW-PVR. Also noted that all 3 flights were full with standby passengers.

Only change I noticed in Ft Lauderdale in the past 20 years is it’s bigger, busier and not to my liking, will do a review on The Ramada Plaza Resort when have more time and cheaper Internet but the short version is it is an OK 3 star with friendly staff and great Russian bar tenders at the Tiki bar, the bad reviews are from people that don’t realize you get what you pay for IMHO.

Also the time share folk sure get peed when they realize you never had any intention of buying and were just using then for the free room and breakfast, same was true in Mexico. Guess the scammers hate being scammed themselves LOL.

Bottom line is Florida is off my go list along with Cancun which is Florida just farther away, again just a personal opinion.

Now Puerto Vallarta is really nice, safe, clean and interesting only downfall is after having been to Cuba the beaches can’t compare, otherwise it’s great. The Hacienda Hotel a 4 star is a 5 imho but wouldn’t be so for a beach person as the beach is a couple blocks away, free on demand shuttle service provided, so don’t believe the bad reviews because of the horrid walk, it’s not necessary.

Did a city and country tour which included an interesting visit to a farm with a tequila distillery where we were shown the proper way to recognize good tequila and how drink it, which knowledge I will impart to any one buying me a drink of it.

Time to explore a bit more of Cancun seeing as the heat should be going down now, more on Mexico next time.



Tags:

3 responses to “Finally”

  1. Renwot says:

    Hello Busman,
    Im delighted to read about your adventures. I am sorry I missed you before you left to wish you well. Loved to read you scammed the scammers..LOL. Keep us posted. Have fun and enjoy.
    Kindest regards,
    Karen (Renwot)

  2. carol kudla says:

    hey pontypuddlian am now an omemeian and you moved! off to snorkel ay santa lucia for 6 weeks and then do a little investigating for paradise on my own. lol. have a safe journey. carol e.

  3. Dave says:

    Hola Carol will be back Woodville way end April maybe we can get together & compare notes, actually my Checker is parked at Mt Horeb & Lilac Rd just outside Omemee.