BootsnAll Travel Network



Sept 9 – MT/AB, Canada

Day 39 – We have hit the fall of the north and are no longer wearing shorts and tank tops – though I am sticking to my flip flops for awhile longer. We tried out the seat warmers that came in the car – I have to say that was a great invention. Felt like someone was rubbing the soreness out of my lower back and my body got thoroughly warmed up. It is refreshing to be in the cooler weather and Jason is definitely enjoying the non-sticky humid climate.

We woke up in Glacier National Park with clouds all around us and a dew soaked tent. Haven’t have dew in a long time, I almost forgot about that part of nature. As we maneuver up through the mountains, the parks’ stunning beauty and sharp features kept us in awe and driving slow. The lack of guardrails and the drop of 3,000 vertical feet through the clouds below at the edge of the road also kept us in awe and driving slow. As we drove up to the pass the clouds frolicked up out of the valley and along the road, starting to clear up the higher we climbed. At the pass we had a great view of the sun coming over the horizon and dappling some color on the mountain tops. One of the more untouched national parks we have. I can’t wait to go back.

Canada!! Yay, the guards let us cross the boarder into the wonderful land of moose, maple, and friendly people. Though, we had to be questioned up in the customs office first, but no car search was done – thank god, because I am sick of repacking the car. Right as we started driving north to Calgary the clouds started to settle in more and there wasn’t much to look at. Calgary was all shrouded in clouds so we only saw a faint outline of a few buildings. We moved onto Banff and the clouds got thicker. As we drove through the park the only part we could see was the base of the mountains, but we could tell that they looked enormous and astounding even if they were covered in clouds. The whole trip through Banff and Jasper National Park was cloudy, so we will have to come back again. Our camping tonight happened right as we crossed into Jasper Park, next to the Columbia Icefield. The whole landscape was blanketed in snow. It was really exciting to be in snow, since I never really got enough of it growing up. I had my first experience snow camping and our tent became an igloo because during the night it snowed about 2-1/2 inches or so.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.