BootsnAll Travel Network



Sept 10 – AB, Canada/BC, Canada

Day 40 – The clouds were still hanging around so we didn’t get to view the icefield or much else of Jasper National Park. We continued our way out of the Canadian Rocky Mountains and up highway 40 to the Alaska Highway. Now our serious drive is ahead of us, we are trying to drive as much as we can to get to Fairbanks, AK as soon as we can, to cut down the costs of day to day living like food and camping. Since the prices of gas went up and in Canada they were up as high as $4.56 a gallon (much more than we expected) our trip is based on a shorter amount of traveling days. The drive along the side of the rocky mountains was covered in yellow trees, contrasting against the evergreens and letting us know fall is here and it is much colder outside of the car. We camped tonight at Buckinghorse River, a provincial park of British Columbia. There we met some nice people from Edmonton, Mark and Wanda – originally from New Zealand. We sent the night chatting with them about various items and learned that Wanda does small trekking tours in Nepal – check out her website for more information www.hihimalayas.com . They also gave us some great information on Alaska.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.