BootsnAll Travel Network



Oct 10 – WA, Shelton

Day 70 – A big day for us. Dad let us borrow his car, again – thanks dad!!!, to go check out that same van in Portland and purchase it. No one else was able to get the cash out either – makes sense and was lucky for us. Though it was not as easy as it sounds ~ assuming since it was Monday and the banks would be open was not such a thoroughly thought out plan for us. It was actually Columbus Day and all the banks were closed…. and the sellers wanted all cash. We ended up finding a way to solve the problem, but we ran around all day to complete the transaction. Personally, it was way too complicated than it should have been to buy a car, but Jason and the van already had a bond going and it was the right one for us.

By the afternoon we were driving home – Jason drove the new addition to our family, Henry, a 1981 VW Vanagon Deluxe Camper that is the color of the light brown m&m that was discontinued. Why did they discontinue that m&m color anyways – I always liked that one! I drove my dad’s car back home with the glowing orange lights of Henry behind me.

Welcome Henry. I think we have become VW groupies, I loved the Golf, good old Master Jedi; and Henry is growing on us like Mo’s cat hair grows on anything that is within a five mile radius of him.

Hereeee’s Henry



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.