BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan. 26 – Nicaragua

Day 178 – We took a day off from traveling and stayed in San Juan del Sur, which is just an hour or so away from the Costa Rican border. It is an attractive bay off the Pacific Coast, with mild waves, clean sand, and lots of gringos. This town just recently received it’s first bank and ATM machines, about 6 months ago. It is starting to boom, with gringo owned homes and businesses – watch out Costa Rica! It is a very nice, small coastal town, and I can understand why people want to move here. The land is being bought like there is no tomorrow. I just hope it doesn’t effect the locals in a negative way. That is the hard thing about development anywhere in the world, how do you keep the economical balance?


San Juan del Sur

Tomorrow is our next border. We will see how tough Costa Rica is on us. I have heard they are quite efficient and professional; I like that. Though I also heard I need the original title to the car, which we only have photocopies of – but we haven’t had any problems yet, and we are hoping our original registration and a nice border official will let us through.


The perfect sunset: pacific ocean with kids playing soccer on the beach!



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Jan. 26 – Nicaragua”

  1. acorri says:

    thanks for the impressions. have a nice trip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.