BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan. 22 – Guatemala

Day 174 – Our last weekend in Xela. We are leaving tomorrow morning early and heading out to Lake Atitlan, “the most beautiful lake in the world”. So this day was spent doing last minute preparations: buying some headlights for the car, exchanging some books to update our library, and hoping for the water to come on. Some problems occurred with the construction and prolonged the city’s period without water. Though the rumor is that it is supposed to come on this afternoon. Our host father has been driving out to his mother’s house and bringing back gallons of water to help flush the toilets, clean, and cook. It is sad leaving such a beautiful city that is full of nice, smiling people. I do highly suggest if you want to learn Spanish, come down to this town and spend a month here. We would spend longer, but we are meeting some friends down in South American that we can’t wait to meet up with; we will probably take more Spanish lessons down in South America.


Quetzaltenango is a city definitely worth a visit if you are in Guatemala!



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Jan. 22 – Guatemala”

  1. uncle Dave says:

    I look forward to reading about your trip. Keep on posting it. Mean time I keep on farming and plowing snow. I am looking forward to your coments about world trade.

  2. Shawn says:

    I did a little traveling of my own recently, and am just now getting caught up on your Guatemelan adventure. Really good stuff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.