BootsnAll Travel Network



Jan. 1 2006 – Mexico, Baja

Day 153 – HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

We went to the New Year’s celebration that we were invited to and met our friends at their friend Armin’s house. Armin built the house all on his own. He did a great job of creating a home that is one with the outdoors. We hung out there for a few hours chatting and snacking on delicious dips. Once the time was right, we headed over to where the real party was happening, at his neighbor’s ranch. It was a big fiesta with fireworks, food, and lots of music. We tried our Spanish out and carried out basic conversation with a little help from a friend 🙂 As the clock struck midnight everyone yelled Feliz Ano! and more fireworks went off and a big round of hugs and “Feliz Ano’s” went around. It was a great fiesta, similar to parties our families would have thrown. It made us feel right at home. We felt very honored to be welcomed to experience such a great celebration with a family that didn’t even know us. Thank you Armin and the Skott Family!

__
Armin in his kitchen____________ The Skott Family and Armin

Resolutions. It is that time of year again to try and make promises to ourselves about bettering our lives, and then crossing our fingers that we will hold to them. Then a month later totally forget about them! I like to be realistic in my new year’s resolutions. So, I would say my new year’s resolution will not be to keep the blog up to date by posting every two/three days… since we all know that that is just a resolution to be broken, hee hee…. I think my first resolution is to learn Spanish, so that I am close to being fluent by the end of the year. Taking full immersion classes when we hit Guatemala will help us with that. And maybe another one is to send as many postcards out to people as we physically can. The only reason they have stopped this past month is because the postcards in Baja are 60 usd cents a card – and that is just a bit tooo expensive for us. So, no worries ~ our breakfast postcard writing ritual will start up again once we hit the mainland and can get better priced postcards. We haven’t forgotten about any of you! Everyone we have met on the road, all of our friends in NYC, and all of our family and friends in the Northwest ~ you are always on our minds!

Hope your new year brings the best to you and may it be better than the last year!



Tags: , , ,

2 responses to “Jan. 1 2006 – Mexico, Baja”

  1. Anonymous says:

    FELIZ AÑO AMIGOS…QUE SIGA LA FIESTA CON MUHCA TEQUILA!!!!!!!!! SALUD!!!!!!

  2. Kimie says:

    AKEMASHI-TE OMEDETOU!
    That’s how we say in Japanese for Happy New Year!
    It is kind a strange to see April’s picture without soccer ball, but you all look Happy!
    Hope you all have a fun trip this year, with good health.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.