BootsnAll Travel Network



Dec. 3/6 – Mexico, Baja

Day 124-127 – This weekend was a put your feet up and chill weekend. We tried surfing for a day and the ocean gave us a few lessons of how powerful it can be. The excitement of surfing got us and we decided it would be worth looking for a cheap beginner’s board to share, since renting a board for the whole time we are here would cost more than buying one.

We also met some remarkable Oregonian surfers who became a temporary family camp with us. I think we will be meeting a lot people on our travels that we will camp or hang out with for some amount of time, creating short-term communities. It is a good way to get to know like minded people.


Making cowboy coffee; you have TJ on the left and Vincent on the right

We started our Spanish lessons on Tuesday, yay! We were very excited. We take them at the cultural center in town. Guillermo uses the Berlitz method of teaching, where you learn in conversational style and have a work book at home to do exercises in. We’ll see how it goes.


courtyard of the cultural center where we take our spanish lessons

The surf shop “Los Cerritos Surf Shop” has a great camping hostel right by the beach. This is where we have been staying when we camp at the beach. Daniel and Patty are very nice and helpful people, with great knowledge of the area. They rent out tents, sleeping bags, surf boards, give surfing lessons, and repair boards. Check out their website at www.todossantos.cc/ecosurfcamp.html


When is my owner coming back… He sat there the whole time, waiting for this master to come back to shore- what a caring dog!


gotta love playing in the water



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to “Dec. 3/6 – Mexico, Baja”

  1. Shawn says:

    My wife speaks Spanish. If you have any questions, and you’d like to, you can e-mail me, and I’ll pass them over to her.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.