BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 7 – NC

Day Six – We crossed into North Carolina and the roads in that area immediately changed to a less cared for country road. The fields starting showing tobacco being grown, watermelons, and something else with really pretty flowers on it. We made our way to Merchant’s Millpond State Park and it was very beautiful and one of the best campsites we’ve stayed at. Very friendly rangers and the only draw back was the spiders… they were everywhere… small ones on the ground, daddy-long legs with red bodies and REALLY long legs (I think they feed them steroids), and very colourful wicked looking spiders. When we went to use the restroom before going to bed, there was one of those gross looking spiders that have the big butts (and it was a good size one) spinning a blanket above the Ladies bathroom door. Right next to the men’s bathroom door was a more ferocious spider that was yellow bodied and nasty looking legs. In the morning we saw what type of artist he was. This is preparing me for the tropical parts of our travels – I didn’t know I was scared of spiders until the past two days. To say the least that night did not help me get over my spider incident from earlier the previous morning.

That night to bring some comfort to our lives of six days on the road camping and a rough night of storms; after dinner we enjoyed a nice movie off of our laptop in the refreshing controlled climate of our car. Hee hee, the advantage of car camping and fun gadgets.

artistspider.jpg

concessions for camping

All you need is some wood and a soda (or pop – as we say it in the northwest 🙂



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.