BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 27 – UT/NV

Day 26 – With the time changes we are tending to be good morning risers, usually getting up around 7.30ish but our bodies feel more like it is 8.30ish – I love it. We woke to nice cool temperature outside and a view of our red cliff canyon around us. We drove through the city of Moab, nice cute outdoor adventure town. Than, went to Cayonlands National Park. Again, another breathtaking experience viewing the canyons and rock formations – we could have spent hours there, and definitely want to go back and explore the area more. Our pictures of both national parks do not do it justice.

We went back up to I-70 and kept driving west to highway 50. This drive from Denver through to Nevada is one of the most scenic and spectacular drives I have ever been on. The one major area that sits right in there with the rest of the incredible landscape is driving through San Rafael Reef and Swell. It is an area where they had to excavate through this huge continuous reef barrier wall to continue I-70, they spent around 25 years and $4.5 million dollars to create it between 1957 to mid 1970’s, but once your drive through the wall to other side it is again, gorgeous.

We climbed and descended tons of mountains and finally made our way to the loneliest road in America, highway 50, and also found the longest straightest roads in the world. This continues as my most scenic and spectacular drive. One of the most surprising things we saw was as we were rounding a curve sitting there feet from the road in the flat grass lands and distant mountains in the horizon were a few sand dunes standing around 15 feet tall and sculpted by the wind. There were just a few of them sitting there in the fields of grass and farmland. Our resting point tonight was Ely, Nevada. An interesting town with tons of hotels, casinos, and very few hotel vacancies. We got the last room due to a cancellation at the Bristlecone Motel – a very clean and great place!



Tags:

2 responses to “Aug 27 – UT/NV”

  1. ari says:

    hey app i just got bak from mexico ur tripp sounds amazying those mountains sound great. we had a great time in mexico. my email is sitll burnanator but just in case of junk i put that one. so
    i still havent read them all but WOW
    u lucky to b able to go arond the world. i got some cool new nikes. skoooool starts soon i feel like crying i miss u guys so much. its not the same with out u. i graffitied today haha. only on mmy garbage can thou. this guy who was tagging gave me his graffiti marker to do some i was like scooooore. ill post more. bibi

  2. ari says:

    hey i dont want that to go public damn it .!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.