BootsnAll Travel Network



Aug 15 – FL

Day 14 – Early to rise were we and we drove out of the keys while watching the sunrise off the coast, one of the best mornings we’ve had. We made our way to Everglades National Park, an amazing ecosystem that is made up 1.5 million acres of S. Florida. How the whole water/river flows through the park is impressive and a natural wonder. It is a very interesting place to visit and everyone should experience it. Though summer months are not the best due to misquotes. We took a boat tour out on the Florida Bay and saw a bunch of birds, the fin of a shark, and a school of dolphins. We watched the dolphins off the side of the boat for about 15 minutes or more. They were very graceful and mesmerizing to watch swim. As we left the dolphins, one of them gave us a farewell and breached for us. After that we hiked along one of the many nature trails and boardwalks to view some very big alligators, and a swimming turtle, in the wild surroundings. It was a full and eventful national park day.

the school of dolphins that delighted us with their visit.

Didn’t see any Florida Panthers 🙁 but we saved a small turtle from getting run over — he wanted to try and cross the road, but wasn’t making much progress.

One of the many alligators in the park, resting in the shade under the boardwalk – it was really hot

On the boardwalk at the Everglades Nat. Park

A cricket resting on the boardwalk in the Everglades Nat. Park.

The sunset at the north of the Everglades National Park in the Big Cypress National Perserve



Tags:

0 responses to “Aug 15 – FL”

  1. ari says:

    wow that stuff is so cool. thank u for saving the turtle i saved sum animals across the road in mexico.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.