BootsnAll Travel Network



Review Chile: Valparaiso – Hostal Portobello (accommodation)

Name: Hostal Portobello

Location: Valparaiso, Chile

Address: Artilleria #115, Cerro Artilleria, Valparaiso, Chile Telephone: 032 2118834/09 85153707

E-mail: contacto@hostalportobello.cl

Website: www.hostalportobello.cl

Review: This charming bed and breakfast in Valparaiso is located high up on a hill in Cerro Artilleria within two minutes walk to the Artilleria Ascensor. The views from the rooms in front are absolutely amazing and the rooms all tastefully decorated and very clean. There are four rooms of various sizes (ranging in price from $24 to $60 per room per night) and on the main floor is the common area which has comfy couches and information about Valparaiso as well as an Internet computer (not sure if this is available to guests or not as it wasn’t offered to me).

The owners…a young Chilean couple are extremely helpful and Alejandro speaks very good English. Definitely talk to him about the various self-guided walking tours through the old neighborhoods that he has information available for. The location is extremely convenient to the Naval Museum and the local artesan fair plus one of the most popular viewpoints of the bay in the city.

A nice breakfast of coffee, tea, freshly made juice (the plum juice was amazing!), bread, ham, cheese, yogurt and muesli is also served in the common area from 8 am to 11:30 am and is included in the price. There are bookshelves for browsing (mostly Spanish titles) and information on all sorts of services in Valparaiso. A truly relaxing and recommended place to stay.

Would I book with them again: Yes, definitely



Tags: , ,

2 Responses to “Review Chile: Valparaiso – Hostal Portobello (accommodation)”

  1. Mom Says:

    Wow, you are right complain a little and you get attention! I just checked your last entry. Anyway, hang in there with the blog, you can’t drop off at the end! Our trip would not be complete. Danny boy is off skiing today at Blacktail. I expect him back at any minutee. I agree with whoever said this was a good winter for the extravaganza, it’s been a pretty snowy cold one.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Alejandro Sariego Says:

    Dear Stacey,
    Accidentally, searching for our Hostal through google, I found your blog. I really appreciate your comments about as , very nice. You were a very nice guest too. Ups! I’m sorry we didn’t say anything about the computer, but it is to be used by our guest. Very nice blog too, I’ve been reading about your intersting articles arround South America.
    Regards., Alejandro

Leave a Reply