BootsnAll Travel Network



Review Peru: Cusco – Hostal Marani (accommodation)

Name: Hostal Marani

Location: Cusco, Peru

Address: Carmen Alto 194, San Blas; Cusco, Peru

E-mail:  info@hostalmarani.com

Website: www.hostalmarani.com

Review:  Hostal Marani is a delightful mid-priced hostal in the lovely part of Cusco known as San Blas.  There are around 20 rooms built around a nice courtyard with tables and chairs for relaxing.  There is also a small cafeteria (known as the Cafetin) where breakfast is served (choice of 3 breakfasts…the basic continental is included in the daily rate) as well as snacks and light meals.  The people working in the hostal are charming and helpful and there is always someone around who speaks good English. 

The rooms are very clean and spacious with hot water 24 hours a day in the bathrooms.  It can get quite chilly in Cusco so you can rent space heaters as needed (we didn’t) for $5 per day.  There is laundry service available as well as a safe, free luggage storage and assistance with travel plans.  An additional benefit of staying here is that some of the profits go towards a charity that helps Peruvian children in need of health and education services. 

The regular rates for 2007 range from $25 US for a single room to $60 for a quadruple room though we were able to negotiate a discount for a double room to $31.50 (normal rate of $36) during the low season month of early December.  All in all, a very nice place to stay in Cusco for a moderate price. 

Would I book with them again: Yes, definitely



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply