BootsnAll Travel Network



My academy—-shanghai theatre academy

This time I’d like to introduce you my school—shanghai theatre academy. This academy is quite different from the other university in China. It is located in the heart of this city, and it has a very cute campus. Among Chinese university students, one typical sentence to describe how cute it is is: If you throw a coin from the front door, it can go out from the back door—-non-stop. Because most Chinese university have a very very big campus, and the locations are normally in suburban areas.

But many foreign drama experts come to our school, they always say: The academy is so big, in my country, drama school only has one building, that is all. But our school has one big building as students’ dormitory , and one red building as a main teaching place, and also have 5 theatres in either teaching building or it is an individual theatre. The performance will be performed in those theatres, it depends on which type of those drama are, so they can decide whether they will play in a small theatre or experimental theatre or even “black box”.

Back to around 50 years ago, it was a youth club. Many social celebrities came here for dancing and social. The latest movie once shoot here. It is also because the writer of the fiction danced with her husband here. The house is redeveloped, but it still keeps its original structure. It is a French style architecture, when you are inside, you can still feel those years’ scene. Today, the house is used as a conference rooms. Many high level drama discussion meetings hold there, I feel comfortable, at least , it is something about arts.

I strongly recommend when traveler come to Shanghai, do visit Shanghai theatre academy, maybe you can come across a show there, or maybe you will be invited to be as a temporary actor or actress. And the most important thing is—- it is for free to visit this academy!! 

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply