BootsnAll Travel Network



Jerusalem

Hey everyone! So? I’m in Jerusalem!! The holiest city for Jews and Christians and the third for Muslams! I can only say: amazing! Jerusalem, the old city I mean, is a city that really is four cities. Ah??? Well yes it’s divided into 4 quarters, the Jew, the Muslam, the Christian and the Armenian. All this in less than a square mile!

You can really notice the diference between them! It’s like you are in a street belonging to the Jewish quarter, and everyone is speaking in Hebrew, they all hat the Kippah (the hat) and they sell jewish souvenirs, then you bent in a street and the whole setting changes, people now are talking arabic, they have the arab clothes and they sell islamic things! just like that!!

I’m staying in a very cheap/rat house of a hostel for 25 Shekel (4.75 euros). It’s ok, you just get what you paid and nothing else!!! At least I’m getting to know very strange people on the way! Like this Russian, who was deported from Turkey, but because he had enter Turkey with his Israeli passport, was deported to here and not to Russia! Hes been here like 4 month and it’s crazy, but no joke, he really is.

I’ve been to some very interesting places like, the Holy Sepulchre, where Jesus was supposly crusified and buried, to the Dom of the Rock, the holiest Mosque after Mecca and Medina, to the Western Wall, the holiest place for Jews, it’s what there is left of the second temple of Jerusalem and it’s dated from the 70 AD! I wnet also underneath it, to some tunnels they have!! Cool!

The streets are narrow, and there’s shops all around you. There’s zone dividing it, like the market zone, bread, and shops. Oh, talking about food, I’ve been on the pita diet for almost a week! That means I only eat pita, or some other type of arab bread 🙂 I’ll be skinny!!

I’ll go to En Gedi and Massada soon. he first one is a natural park, at the dead sea, and the second, also at the dead sea, it’s an old fortress up in a mountain, dating also from the beginning of this era.

I’ll post some pictures, but not as many as I would like to, this computer is not so good and the arab keypad is making me dizzy!

I hoe you all are having a wonderful time!
see you soon
SAI =)

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg



Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *