BootsnAll Travel Network



En Gedi and Massada!!!

Shalom everyone!

So I’m back in Jerusalem, after spending two days in the Dead Sea region. I went to En Gedi the night before yesterday and I stayed in a hostel belonging to the Iraelian Youth Hostel Association, wich means nice but 21.50 US $!! in Israel!!!!! wow, having that behind me, I entered the Natural Park of En Gedi the next morning, and I spend the whole day hikking thru this rocky canyon, that lead me to this beautiful waterfealls in the end! It was beautiful. It was worth the 6 hours hiking. Then to finish the day I went to have a swin in the Dead Sea, wich is probably the coolest thing I’ve been into! It’s SOOOO salty, jajajaja!
of course but you can’t know who salty it is until you taste it. It’s 10 times saltier than the Mediterranean, it’s at 400 meters BELOW sea level (it’s the lowest point on Earth), and there’s 8% more oxigen than normal! And you just float.
You flaot, laying on your back, on your chest, you float standing, or seating, you also float doing the Buddha possition! it’s amazing. The not so nice part was the experimenting. That is, that of course I had to open my eyes. And oh my lord it hurts!!!! I wasn’t able to open them like for 5 minutes!!!! aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

I then went to Massada and stayed again in a nice hostel a bit more than the other one!!, and met some very nice people!! Christian (Germany), and Frederic and Nicolas (France). We stayed in the same dorm, and today at 04:30 we went hiking!
It’s only like a 30 minutes hike up the muntain, and the you get to this tremendous place, where you have all the view from the Dead Sea. It was a fortress, where the Jews fought against the Roman, and before they were defeated, they killed themselves! WOW.

Again to finish the lovely day we went to the beach, but this time to a place where the were some springs of fresh sweet water that ran into the sea, and they would form pools, full of mud. So now my skin is as soft as a baby after my “spa” evenning 🙂

Tomorrow I going to Hebron, which is the Palestinean, part of the country to visit a friend. All the Israeli say I’m crazy, but I think is ok, because I know someone up there.
Then my plans are to go south to the border with Egypt, and cross it to Cairo.

I’ll let you know how everything went.
chao pesca’os
simon =)

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg



Tags: , ,

One response to “En Gedi and Massada!!!”

  1. Pipo says:

    No tengo mucho zeit…. simplemente queria reportarme, leyendo al pie de la letra frecuentemente… del carajo los cuentos… y tambien queria decir PILAS con todo…. (y cruzando a egipto… como le habia dicho)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *