BootsnAll Travel Network



Shalom!!

Shalom!!! (Hi! but really meaning peace in Hebrew)

Well as you can see, I MADE IT!! I’ve been in Tel Aviv for the last 4 days and I love it 🙂
Tel Aviv is an amazing city, besides the Mediterranean, with a very nice weather and very friendly people. The city is kinda divided in two, Tel Aviv and Jaffa (Yafo in Hebrew). I’m staying in a hostel in Jaffa, called the Old Jaffa Hostel and it’s pretty cool. I had booked for a bed in a room, but when I came to the hostel I met a german girl, Layla, and told me I could sleep on the roof for 5 Shekel less! (about 1 euro ;)). and so I did!

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

Yafo is the oldest port in the world, dating from 1800 BC, so almost 4000 years! It was the most important port in Israel, but now it’s just a fishermens harbour. It has an old city, with lots of tiny streets and lots of ruins, some even from the time of the Egyptians.

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

On the other hand Tel Aviv is a very fast growing city, full of comerce, shops, bars and clubs. As the israelian say: “While Jerusalem prays, Tel Aviv plays”. I went out last night and I can’t complain. Lots of bars, good music, the only thing is that my asian budget does not fit soo well to the israelian prices, but I could still manage to have a great time.
I also went to the Diaspora Museum, a museum that tell s you the history of the Jewish people from the beginnig until present time. It was very interesting.

But with what I’m really “Fliping” is with the lengauge. Hebrew looks so dificult but also so cool. It’s so wierd to see “normal” things writing in hebrew, like Coca-Cola, McD, or Fanta, that I can only smile when I see them.

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

I’m leaving today to Jerusalem, and probably stay there for three or four days. I’ve heard it’s amazing. I also got my visa for Egypt yesterday. It was very easy and very fast, due to legality :), I feel so free having a stamp on my passport again!
I wanted to have the visa before going to Jerusalem, Haifa and the Dead Sea, so any time I get bored of Israel I can leave to Cairo.

Ok my friend that’s all I have to say and show, I hope you are all fine and happy with what you are doing now,
I send lots of love and leave you with some more pictures, one of the amazing city of Tel Aviv, one of a very nice guy I found, and some others

cheers and shalom to you all

SAI =)

p.s. My God this keypad in Hebrew is difficult!

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

Kippah , Jewish hat

IMG_1623.JPG

Sombrero Vueltiado, Colombian hat 😉



Tags: , ,

-3 responses to “Shalom!!”

  1. Steffi Schüler says:

    Hallo Simon,
    ist ewig her, dass ich was von dir gehört hab, und jetzt bist du in israel, wow! war grad einen monat in indien, dahin solltest du mal fliegen. dort trifft man auch gant viele israelis 🙂
    So viel spaß beim reisen,
    bis dann, vlg,
    steffi

  2. santipolo says:

    que nota simon, me da una envida tu plan, sigue contando como vas. un abrazo

    santi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *