BootsnAll Travel Network



“Holy” week

It was Holy Friday, and my aunt told me, there was a catholic procession that night, and that it´s supposed to be really nice. It starts on top of the mountain, where “Dalt Vila”, the old city, is, goes thru the old streets and squares of it and finishs at the harbour.     So, I went.

I don´t know if any of you has been on a procession of this type, it was my first time, and although I had seen images of them on TV, I was a little bit shocked. 

I can´t, and won´t, imagine what a procession of this type is like in Philippines or any other fanatic country, even Colombia, where people or at least some of them, use or used, to flagellate themselves, carry spines crowns, or do thing Jesus lived.

I´m not trying to say anything against religion, the church, faith, believers or anything related, I´m just writing about my experience on a very “light” procession.

The atmosphere was dull, almost any of the abservers was talking and all the faces of the people taking part in the procession were very serious. I know it´s because of respect, and because Jesus had just died according to the bible and their on mourning (luto),  but it´s still shocking.

There were lots of candles and lots of people wearing “tunics” and pointy hats, very alike as the one from the Klu Klux Klan (KKK). That was what shocked me at the most.           There were people wearing soldiers uniforms as well.

It was very interesting, as I could see and learn, how people still strongly believe in religion and its traditions. If you have the chance of seeing a procession of this type, I would recommend you to do  it without hesitation.

I´ll now let the images speak for themselves,

Simon

 Copia de IMG_7639.jpg 

Copia de IMG_7659.jpg 

Copia de IMG_7649.jpg 

Copia de IMG_7680.jpg  

Copia de IMG_7684.jpg 

 Copia de IMG_7687.jpg  

Copia de IMG_7650.jpg 

 Copia de IMG_7664.jpg 

Copia de IMG_7667.jpg 

 Copia de IMG_7706.jpg  

Copia de IMG_7732.jpg  

Copia de IMG_7740.jpg  

Copia de IMG_7745.jpg 

Copia de IMG_7730.jpg

 



Tags:
, ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *