BootsnAll Travel Network



As someone said: “This deserves a post”

My family and I went to Santa Gertrudis last sunday to eat paella. Santa Gertrudis is a little town in Ibiza, the island is full of tiny towns, 20 minutes driving from Ibiza town. It´s very popular on the island for having very good and typical restaurants, and of course the one we went is The one for paella. In fact, there weren´t any tables around us, who didn´t have it, yummy… 

Because is so popular and so many people go there to eat, they cook two HUGE paellas on top of two fires, and it´s all served at the same time, 14:30. When I say HUGE it´s because they are! One had 24 Kg of rice and the other one 19 Kg!! If you still think this is not very much think of the following: when you are at home and you are gonna cook rice, you use 250 gr. of rice for 4 persons. 24 Kg. would be enough for more than 350 persons! And they cooked two :0. There were two men moving the rice with sticks at all time so it would stick, the elder one has 26 years of expirience the other 24.

They bring you a big dish to the center of your table and you serve yourself. If for any case the dish get empty… ta ta! they fill it up! So you end up eating a whole bunch of paella, and fairly cheap (half of what you normaly pay). It´s probably the best one I´ve ever had.

Now yummy pictures!

Copia de IMG_7807.jpg

Copia de IMG_7815.jpg

Copia de IMG_7818.jpg

Copia de IMG_7804-1.jpg

Copia de IMG_7841.jpg

Copia de IMG_7860.jpg

Copia de IMG_7846.jpg

Copia de IMG_7858.jpg

Copia de IMG_7861.jpg

Copia de IMG_7795.jpg

Copia de IMG_7842.jpg



Tags:
, , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *