BootsnAll Travel Network



Bob the builder =)

Hola chicos y chicas!
I hope you liked the videos I posted, I thought they where brilliant!
Life´s going pretty smooth here in Ibiza, I don´t do really very much, besides being Bob the builder or Mr. Ruso. We´ve moved to Cova Santa since last week, so I´ve being working on the field for a couple of days now. It´s very quiet and peaceful, ´till you turn on the jackhammer, or someone starts preparing concrete in the mixer. Actually I´m now a bricklayer assistant (ayudante de albañil), yeah yeah yeah!!! Now that´s what I call having a position in the building site!I´m working with a guy from Morocco, and we are builing stones walls. So I have to bring him the stones, some very heavy indeed, from very far away and steep, prepare the concrete and stay by his side the whole day, to see that he is not missing something. Thank God, we started using a mixer for the concrte and cement, ´cause at the beginning I had to do it in a wheelbarrow :?. I finish the day cover with cement and concrete from head, hair, face to toes! If any of you has played with cement hwen you where a child, or has worked with it, you can imagine the state of my hands. If not just picture a sandpaper (papel de lija) and that´s what my hands look and feel like, sweet! And I do everything that builders do, start working early, eat a sandwich for lunch, have a “siesta” lying on the ground with a water bottle for pillow, and then start working again untill 19:00. Grrreat!

I´ll buy a moto on Wednesday, I´ve been looking for one for the last couple of weeks, and now at last I found the right one. This will give me freedom! I mean that because there´s not really a good public transport in Ibiza (almost nonexistent) and I have to depend on my aunt or uncle to move around.

For those who don´t know, Aoife is coming on the 31th of May. She´ll be working with me on the restaurant and of course we´ll be living together. I´ve being looking for places to live in and there might be one already, I´ll let you know.

Well Ladies and Gentlemans it was a pleasure as always, I hope you and your families are good and healthy, I think of you often

con amor

Simon =)

IMG_7292.jpg   IMG_7318.jpg  IMG_7331.jpg 

That´s the restaurant, our Van and Siesta time 🙂

IMG_7300.jpg  IMG_7301.jpg  IMG_7302.jpg  IMG_7298.jpg  IMG_7303.jpg  IMG_7305.jpg  IMG_72951.jpg

Now this is The process: the stones are where I´m taking the picture from and that´s the steep hill we have to climb with the stones, we do it either by taking the stones in our hands or on a wheelbarrow depending on our mood and strength. The second choise is more effective but you need to do it with someone. One pulls the wheelbarrow with a rope and the other one pushs it. Second picture Julius pulling :). Then the stones are left on the ground (pic 3) and passed to the wheelbarrow, yes! again, (Example can be found in pictures 4 and 5) in order to be transported to picture 6 and 7. Then a drink of water a sigh and back again. Geil oder?? jajajajaja 🙂



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *