BootsnAll Travel Network



The Pope Wears Prada

In order to get my news fix last night I was subjected to CNN, where I learnt that the Pope wears Prada! The insight into this revelation was provided by an ‘expert’ who said that while the Pope may well wear Prada, he probably doesn’t realise it. Well fuck me sideways, I’m glad I tuned in.

I shouldn’t take the piss really as at least it must mean that all the war, famine and general injustice in the world has ended, and there’s nothing left to show on the news except what the head of the Roman Catholic church wears on his feet.

OK, rant over, I got up early today (well early for me – might explain the rant) and went up to the local Mayan temple ruins, Xunantunich. After a river crossing on a hand-cranked ferry, followed by the kind offer of a lift up the hill by the local army (!) we reached the site before any other tourists. I’ve being feeling ruined-out after Mexico but today was a beautiful day, the site was quiet and without having to follow a tour guide round in a big group of people I found it quite enjoyable.

Sunrise over Xunantunich
Sunrise over Xunantunich main temple

On return to the ranch I had a wander around the butterfly enclosure here, just had my first proper cup of tea since leaving Blighty and am now off to discover the joys of frisbee golf, whatever that is.

Butterfly Farm
Ciproeta Stelenes, apparently

The Pope wears Prada, I wear flip-flops; who gives a flying monkey spunk!



Tags: , , , , , ,

One response to “The Pope Wears Prada”

  1. gwyn says:

    you don’t want to go listening to that seppo CNN nonsense… there was a classic moment, the bombing had just started in Fallujah, shock, awe and mass human carnage and all that, and along the bottom of the screen on the tickertape thing was “Beyonce no longer likes the word ‘bootylicious’. stick to guardian.co.uk or even http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/

    I’d take lifts with the army too, but I’m never sure I’ve emptied my pockets well enough…

    As for frisbee golf, Santa Cruz is a frisbee golf haven and I hope by now you’ve discovered the joys of flinging plastic discs at chainlinked bins in trees. It beats the shit out of crazy golf.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *