BootsnAll Travel Network



The Monkeys Arse

Just added some images to the previous entries so scroll back down to check them out.

After the celebration day in Hopkins, myself and travel companion for the last week Laurie, went to the bus stop with conflicting info on whether their was a bus out of town or not. We didn’t get up in time for the 8am bus (guess who’s fault that was!) so we went down to sit and wait on the edge of town. We had very little money (I only had the bus fair) so we had no choice but to get to a place with a cashpoint. Eventually we realized there were no more buses running (it’s a Sunday thing) so we hitched a lift in the back of a pickup which took us straight to Dangriga, what a result!

Dangriga had little to offer other than a place to stay and an ATM, but that was fine.

The next day we parted company as Laurie was headed to Belize City and the nearby baboon sanctuary. I couldn’t face watching those red-arsed monkeys picking each others swollen behinds so I’ve headed to a place 6 miles west of San Ignacio near the Guatemalan border. It’s a butterfly farm/nature centre with a lodging place called Trek Stop, set in the jungle with wooden cabins, free internet, great food, a video library and excellent hospitality – it’s amazing what you find in the jungle.

Sunset from Trek Stop
Sunset from Trek Stop

Tomorrow’s another day and I’m going to go for a trek up to the local Mayan ruins to see if I’m over the ruin overload, or not.

I’ll try to post more photos in the next day or two. Let me know if you like them or whether they’re just taking too long to load and becoming a pain in the monkeys arse.



Tags: , , , , , , , ,

One response to “The Monkeys Arse”

  1. Andy K says:

    More photos!! I’ve got broadband, don’t you know..

  2. john says:

    yes more photos make staff account work

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *