BootsnAll Travel Network



Out of Ireland

Today is our last day in Ireland. Tommorrow into london, where we will spend the day getting from gatwick to heathrow and hopefully spending some time downtown, viewing the splendour that is the english capital, before sleeping in the airport and making our way to Austria. Last night we didn’t go out or anything, we were pretty tired and eddy was passed out asleep by about 6pm. That’s a lie, it was more 8:30ish, but it was damn early. We met our roommates, they were cool except for one of them. One of the roommates was an old guy, he walked in, asked where the TV was, and the next time i saw him he was passed out snoring and talking in his sleep one bunk over. The other three were cool. Neal is from Ottawa and has been in ireland since January. Melanie, his girlfriend, is from Victoria, B.C. and has been here since May, and their looking for a place to stay or thinking about going back. They were super nice and helpful with all our questions about anything. Rachel is from London, Ontario. She spent the last two months in Cork i believe learning to translate ancient greek, and she’s spending her last week in ireland traveling on her way back to Belfast for her flight home.
So we checked out of the hostel this morning, and went to the tourist information desk and the bus station to try to get close to the shannon airport today. Turns out there is a bus that leaves directly from the bus station (just around the corner from our hostel) tommorrow morning that would get us to the airport at 10 to 9 tommorrow morning. We figured we really liked Galway, and if we stayed here it would save us travel costs, we’d only have to pay for one bus instead of two, and if we stayed we’d get to eat that really good soup again (more about that in a bit). So we checked back in to kinlay house, we’re in our third room in as many nights, haven’t met our roomies yet, and we leave very early tommorrow morning.

Kate- thanks for the tips about reading maps in the middle of the street, but its not my blog you should be posting that on. As for using a map of dublin to find our way around galway, i do believe you were just as up for that as I was.

Travel Tip: Large amounts of guiness and mexican food don’t mix.
Travel Tip #2: Go and eat at Riordans in Galway, it has the best vegetable soup you will ever have in your life. If you disagree with me, i will fight you, and that’s no lie.



Tags:

One response to “Out of Ireland”

  1. k.shea says:

    I HEARD YOUR VOICE TODAY! god i miss you guys…and i heard that soup is delicious! glad to hear you took care of eddy on his birthday..sounds liek that salsa place was amazing. haha… oh man. well keep it up guys..tonights ur last night to take a shot with those shot glases…dont let me down! have a good one and take it easy. love ya lots
    the big k.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *