BootsnAll Travel Network



London Calling

Alright children, this is going to be quick, because i have places to go, things to do, and these crazy austrian keyboards confuse me. so we got on the plane to london and spent the day there. I’ll admit, i wasnt all that excited for london, and had very low expectations. But London was amazing. We saw trafalgar square, buckingham palace, st james park, picadilly cirucs, westminster abby, big ben, and we got interviewed for some british radio.So if emily or lydia are keeping track, that would be canadian television and british radio. I know what your all thinking, and yes, i have a great radio face. So our day in london came to an end, im sorry this isnt in much detail, but if yzou want to know more just ask me. Ill say this, westminster abby is the most amazing building i have ever seen. Anyways, we got on a bus to the airport and that is where we spent the night, it was uncomfortable, it was cold, it was free. We got on our plane to salzburg, and here we are. It was tougher navigatin our way to our hostel because of the language barrier now, but we got here somehow, and we took a free walking tour of the city. The city is beautiful, it has lots of old buildings, an old fortress up on a hill, and its surrounding by the alps. (postcard quiz question: what famous movie musical took place in salzburg) so tommorrow we are off to see the ice caves, and that should be some good times. keep emailing, leaving notes, whatever it is you kids are doing these days.

Where is mike now: salzburg, austria
Distance traveled since last post: galway-shannon,ireland-london-salzburg.



Tags:

6 responses to “London Calling”

  1. Kat (Rino) says:

    Oh Mikey! You really do love me! lol. THE SOUND OF MUSIC(1965) with Chirstopher Plummer and Julie Andrews was filmed in Salzburg Austria. The final scene of the movie shows them climbing over the mountains. Your first question is about a musical, I am so proud. *tear*. It also filmed in Bavaria, Germany and Mondesee, Austria. And for those kids who don’t know me, Yes, I knew this all off by heart. Start feeling sorry for my life…. now.
    I’m glad that London was more than you expected, it’s always a nice surprise.

  2. Leesa says:

    well if i had looked at this before her…but i didnt..so sad. i knew it was the sound of music because as u know the sound of music is one of my favourite movies..oh well. hope ur having a blaaaaaaaaaast!!!! say hello to eric daye for me. later european boy

  3. Partridge says:

    Hey bud…glad to see ur havin a good time .. bring me some water from the ice caves!!!! say hey to Eddy for me too dude have a good one, Cheers!

  4. Lindzzzzz (AKA trevor) says:

    fuck mikey im so hammered right now but the answer to r question would b ythe sound of music toook place there weooooo!! loves it awww io miss u budddyy and im not just sayin that cuz im drunk i jkust wanted to tellyou!! hope ur havin a facking good ass time in london.. well i know u are i want a damn smoothie come homeeeeee lol byeeee baby cakes hugs n kisses
    Lindz

  5. k.shea says:

    THIS DOESNT COUNT..i was awaay all weekend…boo. but congrats linds haha. anyways..yes sound of music it is. glad to hear about the shot glases…and hye!!! a free night is saWEET! cant wait to hear more… love you mikey d!!
    kelly

  6. lydie says:

    i cant’ believe you’re getting so much media coverage. it makes me sick. i havent gotten any unless you count hte playboy stint i did last week. but i just read that you’re picking up in germany and im so proud of my little mikey
    sorry no emails my computers’ been misbehaving and freezes anytime i wanna do anything of importance i hope i get through this comment. anyway you are hte most amazing traveler i like reading of your tasmanian companions and dammit i was gonna say sound of music but that girl beat me to it. damn her. lol

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *