BootsnAll Travel Network



Rain, Rain, Rain

And when it rains here, it really, really, really, really rains. It’s either a super deluge of biblical proportions or Manchester-constant drizzle, cold and persistent. Of course when the sun’s shining it’s gorgeous – it’s just it doesn’t shine very often. Also, the altitude is still having an effect, meaning it’s time to move on again. I won’t be dropping much in altitude, but at least if it rains, there will be more things to do in La Paz.

I’m actually still rather poorly so I’ve a feeling I’m going for posh hotel for a couple of days – which always makes it harder to downgrade when the time comes. Still, get a move on and all that. The vicarious thrills being had at George’s expense are keeping my pecker up. Rula Lenska, indeed – couldn’t they get Googie Withers? Actually, I always fancied Rula when she was in Rock Follies – what a great programme that was and deserves repeating (bet it would be rubbish now).

In the meantime, chuffed to discover it is Saturday, so onto the footie results. Disaster. Not happy at any single one. Then Crewe lose 5-1 and Chester lose at home. Still, Karly, Paulie and Shauny are happy, I suppose. And at least Leeds lost and Celtic won. If you´re reading this, by the way, John K, I cannot find SPL games anywhere at the moment. I´ll try an Irish bar in a big city. Santiago looks favourite at the moment…

Thanks for the comments everyone. I think you´ll find I was far and away the first Paz, sister. If you go the Billet now, you have to ask some pretty strange people for proof. And anyway, I was a barman there in case you´ve forgotten.

Hi Audrey, lovely to hear from you…

And here´s a picture to keep Johnnyboy happy.

Scene is the highest point of the climb over the Altiplano where we stopped to buy stuff of these lovely people.

Today´s counterintuitive song is I Wish It Would Rain by Wreckless Eric



Tags:

One Response to “Rain, Rain, Rain”

  1. brendan (aussie from ciudad perdida) Says:

    hey john

    i finally worked out this boots n all website and tracked you down. its been a while. dont blame you for thinkin i was full of shit when i told you id drop a message.
    im up in antigua guatemala now. naz has left for utah to snowboard for a week and then he´s off home. so im now goin solo.
    was just having a good laugh at your entry on cuidad perdida. you´ve got a great way of putting things mate. i climbed a volcano in nicaragua last week. you wouldve loved it! 1600 fuckin metres up and down in one day. and it was bloody hairy. i was shitting bricks. i nearly got blown off the bastard. as you said about the trek……..im glad i did it but i dont think id do it again.

    glad to hear to hear you made it to titcaca, dont forget about the san pedro. and for fucks sake cook it properly unlike us idiots!

    hope your travels are going well mate……..brendan

    check out our blog if you get a chance.

  2. Johnnyboy Says:

    Hey Brendan, brilliant to hear from you. No more major treks for me – I´m just too old. Can only imagime what the Volcano would be like. Having enough trouble just living at 4000m. Off to La Paz tomorrow, so no time for cooking. And the details of your blog are? When we split up in Santa Marta, I was a little the worse for wear – and it got worse after that.

    How long you solo for? Sure you won´t be for long. It was a blast on the trail. Thanks for keeping me going at the right times. I´ll never forget that last half hour. All the bites have finally subsided (although got some new ones at Machu Picchu).

    Good luck mate…

    Found your blog – others wanting another (more colourful) perspective of Ciudad Perdida follow this link…

    http://www.getjealous.com/getjealous.php?action=showdiaryentry&diary_id=111306&go=burkazulu

  3. Posted from Bolivia Bolivia

Leave a Reply