BootsnAll Travel Network



Leaving Canada?

Hello All,

Well it all seems to have been going well so far. Thank you very much indeed to Mark, Kim, Joe, Simon and Godson Oliver for a fab time in Kelowna and Vancouver. Also thanks to the neighbours and the three pairs of girls – Liz & Bronwen, Katerina & Laura, Maisie & Poppy. Poppy was the naughtiest, but she’ll turn out fine in the end.

Vancouver started with the usual confusion at check-in – followed by negotiations to avoid all four of us having to share a bed. There were 4 of us because Simon had to stay at home to organise a major house party, er attend rehearsals for Julius Caesar. Hope the clear up after ‘rehearsals’ went well, Simon.

Friday night saw Mark and his eldest son bond over a few pints while I made sure they didn’t drink too much. Saturday morning was gorgeous weatherwise, although it was disturbing to watch United play as badly as that. Where was that Ebanks bloke?

The afternoon saw Mark make promises and then break them (‘Stop!’) and Joe joined us with his girlfriend Clare. (Joe, just blame me, all right?) Funniest point of the day was when Mark and Kim thought it would be a good idea to visit Joe’s frat house on a Saturday night. At 9pm. On Halloween weekend. Funny, we never actually got in (or even very near).

Today, Mark, Kim and Olly finally got to offload me at the bus station. Oh Kim, you and your crying – very touching. You know I was filling up! You’re all gorgeous and I’ll see you in about 18 months unless you have to rescue me from South America.

Trip to Victoria was just fine. I never even knew it was here until a few days ago. Turns out that Conde Nast considers it one of the 10 best places in the world. And it is lovely, although the food, as usual, flattered to deceive. Staying, as I write, in the well-posh Grand Pacific. First room was rubbish despite me paying for a harbour view. Second room great – you’d be proud of me Vic.

This is probably the last expensive place I’ll really stay in for a bit – off to Seattle tomorrow, if I can get into the GS. Presume life is great for all readers and contributers out there. I must say that the comments section on this blog is miles ahead of many others. If you check some of the other tales on this site, they’re well written and worthy, but no-one seems to write to them. Perhaps I’m doing it wrong, but I much prefer it this way.

Finally, welcome to Jonjo Peter Lester Redrum Frankie Fagan-Hall, the new kid on the blog. If we had a picture, it would be published. Well done Ali – Mike tells us he was awesome.

I see Blunkett is having to resign again. Great. At least Celtic have gone top as I write.

Love to all…

Some picture or other here soon if I can finally extract it off the phone…

Today’s song will have to be Victoria by The Kinks or The Fall – you decide…



Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Leaving Canada?”

  1. Mick Says:

    Great trick photo, how did you get Canary Wharf in the background. Seems to have been built up a bit since i moved north, looks like they moved the p.o. tower as well.
    Unlucky Man u Watch out Wigan are coming.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. rob and lena Says:

    hey, my mum’s lookin fab! its cos she’s on that veggie no milk no meat no wheat no protein no nutrition diet! glad you enjoyed kelowna, i presume you will be undergoing a fast and sleeping rough in seattle, in protest at the oppressive right wing regime that rule that god forsaken country? don’t encourage them by supporting their economy!

  4. shaun jonesy jones Says:

    Good luck. I hope they dont steal your eyeballs and fingers with their magic machines.

  5. John Martin in the GS Says:

    Hey up Shauny, lovely to hear from you.

    They have already violated me with regards to my eyes and fingers, although the ‘Homeland Security’ woman felt most of it was rubbish and that my proposed trip was ‘neat’. The checkin guy thought my coat was cool – and so far everyone is OK. However, the hostel is not in the best part of town. The GS is so very different from that Canadia place. And it’s Halloween and I can’t tell who’re meant to be the bad guys. Back in a hotel tomorrow, I think.

    Hey up Rob and Lena,

    Wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for daft rules. The only economy I’m supporting is the beer bit so far. Where I’m staying might as well be sleeping rough!

    Hey up, Mick,

    You’re onto me – the real challenge will be how to fake the Andes from Poplar. I’m going to need a lot of papier mache…

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. Angela Says:

    You’ll be the only one holding up the beer economy over there.

    “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they
    wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re
    going to feel all day. ”
    ~Frank Sinatra

    Think of this, Kim and Mark, as your livers begin the road to recovery.
    Frank’d be arrested for saying it these days.

  8. Angela Says:

    Don’t you worry, we’ve got 47p saved in the ransom fund, so far and it’s growing fast.

  9. rob and lena Says:

    put us down for a penny!

  10. JohnnyBoy Says:

    As everyone at work knows, I left £400k behind the filing cabinet for a ransom fund, although any additions are obviously very welcome.

    2 comments inside your first hour at work Ang? Another busy day at RBK… (Please starting using that line as your new work motto. I’m sure Asif will approve.)

  11. Posted from United States United States
  12. Another busy day at RBK... Says:

    Excuse me. Wrong time zone, brother of mine. Those messages were, unlike this one, sent from home. You know what a hard task master Asif is, you’ll ‘ave me sacked…

    Thanks for the penny Rob and Marlena. No other takers, I note…. Vicky’s had the 400k spent on champers and belgian chocs. There’ll be nothing left by the time you’ve been grabbed.

Leave a Reply