BootsnAll Travel Network



A Shrine to The Seals

 

Chester Shrine.JPG

 

Apropos Mike’s plea, I found this in the desert.  Turns out that it is a shrine built specifically for this season’s relegation struggle (or was it an old one celebrating previous doomed campaigns?).  Anyway, if you touch the screen and chant the magic words “Bob Delgado” only good things can happen.

On other matters, that Vicky will be home by now so I’ll have to struggle on alone – off to see some local bands tonight, then wind down in BA before a well deserved holiday in Brazil.  Then, before you know it, I’ll be back in the land of warm beer and cold rain.  Can’t wait.



Tags:

14 Responses to “A Shrine to The Seals”

  1. How many more defeats Mike Says:

    I can feel the good thoughts and wishes. Love the shrine, if we stay up I hereby promise I will worship there one day.
    Bob Delgad….Bob Delgado…Bob Delgado.
    PS Did you know he used to run a travel agents above the old WH Smith. Was it called Mercia Square?

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. admin Says:

    42’30” and could Asamoah’s goal give me a return on Angela’s premonition? Answer, No – a bloody hat-trick! Angela’s premonitions are as good as Mike’s tips.  Still, we should not under-estimate the power of the shrine.

  4. Posted from Argentina Argentina
  5. How many more defeats Mike Says:

    Super Derek strikes again, bloody hell I love that shrine.
    For anyone interested it’s live commentary on http://www.dee1063.com
    I’m panic stricken!

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. How many more defeats Mike Says:

    He’s only gone and got his hat trick! Get me the travel agents, I’m going on a South American pilgrimage.

  8. Posted from United States United States
  9. Rob MB Says:

    john you need to pack up that shrine and bring it back with you, as its mystical powers are essential for the future of chester city! come on, you’ll regret it when you are watching widnes vikings football club

  10. How many more defeats Mike Says:

    Maybe we could have the shrine present at Patrick’s Christening. Come on cous, you can dig it up for the good of your hometown club.
    It’s the first time we’ve taken the lead since November, we’ve only scored three goals in our last nine games, we are now out of the bottom three. If the shrine was in Ireland they’d be queuing round thye block already. Replenish the Guinness stocks in the Catholic Club, we’ve got a miracle on our hands….

  11. Posted from United States United States
  12. Gillian Says:

    Are those saguaro cacti in the background? It looks remarkably like the area around Bartlett and Horseshoe lakes here in AZ. (Minus the plastic flowers or whatever they are atop the shrine)

  13. Posted from United States United States
  14. Sister Angela Says:

    If that bloody shrine hadn’t got involved, it would have been 1-0, make no mistake about that. I bet we could come up with a shrine shaped cake for Blog reunited… Col?

  15. admin Says:

    I believe they are pachycereus pringlei, Gillian, also known as cardon cacti (the park was called Los Cardones) but also known as, yes, sagueso. Nice to inject a horticultural note into the voodoo. On retrieving the shrine it is 2000km from here, so it would be a bit out of my way. Anyway – it’s all about touching and chanting…

  16. Posted from Argentina Argentina
  17. Gillian Says:

    Didn’t know you were so “cereus” about horticulture Martin, (sorry) LOL. The name is pronounces saWHEREo around here.
    Thankyou for the information… do they have any of the “wooly” ones, (echinopsis or echinocactus species) or is the park at too low an altitude? What are the shrubs in the background, creosote bushes (Larrea divaricata or tridentata)? Mesquite (Prosopis pubescens)? See any animal life out there, (apart from homo sapiens)? Enjoy reading the posts, keep up the good work.

  18. Posted from United States United States
  19. Anonymous Says:

    Hey, that looks kind of like the shrine I’ve been going to ever since we got beat 4-0 by Villa on Boxing Day…

  20. Rob MB Says:

    tsk, he won’t even go a lousy 2000km for the good of his home town????

  21. Col Says:

    That sounds like a challenge… normally of course i wouldn’t hesitate to rise to it, but i am only back from NYC 2 days before Blog reunited, i’ll see what i can do!

  22. Sister Angela Says:

    A Scorpian never backs down from a challenge, Mrs Murphy…

Leave a Reply