BootsnAll Travel Network



Who ate all the Brazilian pies?

First of all, a confession. Bless me Father but I was at the races last night and missed the mighty Brazil’s convincing 1-0 win over the Croutons. Always loved those dried fried bread pieces in cup-a-soup and I’m delighted they have finally secured the international recognition their taste deserves. Anyone ever had them in a Caesar’s sald? MMmmm…..tasty.

Back to the game I didn’t watch and the mighty boys did the bizz as expected. Was there a samba beat? a Brazilian brilliance? a performance to drive you nuts? Who knows, who cares? All anyone is talking about is the wonder goal by the ironically named Caca, he sure isn’t that caca, if you follow my Partridgesque drift.  The other talking point is the fatness of the fallen hero. Ronaldo has been at the old piesy-wiseys hasn’t he? Good Lord he’s like the side of a bright yellow house. All podge and no panache by all accounts. His manager insists he isn’t past it. Bollocks! He’s not just fat and slow, he just doesn’t care, an international disgrace. Good job the World Cup is in Europe, if it was back in Japan the blighters would have shot him and sold him off as blubber. My lad, Tom, still insists he’s good enough though. However he is talking through his pocket as he’s backed the fat fella to be the top scorer. I’ve done Shev, a juicy 30/1 in a very bad group. Come on the Ukraine.

Nina managed only fifth on a truly woeful nag. She did smile at me though as I hollered “Go on Nina my love” as she cantered down to the start. I’d had a few.

 



Tags: , , ,

One response to “Who ate all the Brazilian pies?”

  1. Sister Angela says:

    Outrageous. Didn’t they have a screen?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *