BootsnAll Travel Network



I thought it was only £24m

Well, at least we can get down to watching some decent footie for the remainder of the competition…

This from the Guardian’s fiver – expands well on the United and/or foreigners always to blame school:

Today’s Sun calls Cristiano Ronaldo “the world’s biggest winker” and a “Portuguese nancy boy”, while penalty flop Steven Gerrard brands him “bang out of order” and penalty flop Frank Lampard claims he’s “not very nice”. And even though penalty flop Jamie Carragher was man enough to admit “there’s no point in moaning”, a consensus seems to have emerged in Poor Little England that the fiendish winger wasn’t playing by the rules when he complained about Tabloid Wayne’s decision to trample Ricardo Carvalho’s crown jewels.

“I saw Ronaldo going over to the referee and giving him the card,” whinged serial diver Gerrard, exposing the incompetence of millions of viewers who failed to spot any such thing. “If he were one of my team-mates I would be absolutely disgusted with him,” continued Gerrard, who would presumably hold Ronaldo in much higher esteem if he’d stamped on a grounded player’s knackers.
“He’s supposed to be a team-mate of Wayne’s at [MU Rowdies] and he does something like that,” moaned Lampard, who’s supposed to be a team-mate of Carvalho’s at Chelsea. ” A lot has been made of trying to promote fair play in this tournament and that was certainly not fair play,” continued dim Lamps.

While all this childishness is as shameful as it was predictable, at least proud England fans can rely on their FA to stick out a stiff upper lip and show a shred of dignity in defeat. Can’t they? Um, not quite. For today’s Sun quotes “a top FA source” as revealing approvingly that Rooney is “determined to settle the score in his own way” when he sees Ronaldo back in Manchester. “Wayne said he would split him in two and smack him in the head,” hurrayed the hanger-on before booming, “and who can blame him?” Yes, who can blame him, or indeed any Englishmen, when it’s so much easier to blame an innocent Johnny Foreigner?

Very good…



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *