BootsnAll Travel Network



£25 million down the swanee.

The English press is such a wonderfully predictable beast on days after our World Cup/ Euro exit. Let’s blame any Manchester United player that we can. But hey! This time they’ve struck gold! They can blame two! Rooney and Ronaldo. Forget the issues of what happened on the pitch though (although personally I think Chrissy was an absolute disgrace. I don’t say that as a little Ingurlunder but as someone who thinks wearing the blood red shirt of Manchester United forges loyalties way beyond national ties) this is sure to dominate the press for a couple of days. What the press should really be chasing are the blazers at Soho Square who should have seen through the whole sham that was the Sven era years ago. No, they will whistle quietly and disappear into the dark leaving Rooney to be sacrificed on the same altar as Becks, Phil, Gary and Scholesy have in the past. Look at it. We were told that we were witnessing a great era of English football with a golden generation of talent. The formation of the Premiership was a ‘master stroke, which would deliver much needed resources into all levels of our national game. Why, there would be gold plated shower rooms for our Sunday league players at Hoole Park. No! we were told. It wasn’t about corporate swines pushing their already over fed snouts ever deeper into the pig trough of Sky money. It was for all our benefit. We would see all this progress in our national game and one day…very soon…..we would……see our boys……lift the World Cup. Not once. but for many years to come as well.
Well what a load of bo*****s! Those t**ts at Soho Square have lectured us about fair play for years. Cantona delivers a swift bout of instant justice to a scummy piece of racist low life and gets a ban. Shearer boots Neil Lennon in the face right in front of MOTD cameras and gets the England captaincy in France ’98. Sven shags anything that moves in the FA offices (no wonder David Davies had that nervous,twitchy smile), meets fake sheikhs and basically drags the mantle once held by Alf Ramsey through the gutters of the World. What’s the FA’s response? To give him more money time after time. Try it at work eh? Get charged with gross misconduct and see if you get your wages doubled and your boss sacked as well! Exactly what are these pics and videos Sven had in his safe? Who in the FA appears in them?
So, here we are. £25 million pounds later and our national team is as bad as it ever was. Overrated Scousers missing penalties. WAGS on the piss. Tough, ‘ard Cockneys blubbing for all they are worth on the pitch.Man of the match yesterday was a lad who doesn’t play the celebrity game, plys his trade in the Bundesliga and was booed relentlessly by his own fans.But it’s still United to blame again!

PS.I use the term ‘us’,’we’ and ‘our’ in a very broad sense. Being as I have forked out enough dosh watching football in England over the years I regard myself as a shareholder. Look, that’s as far as it goes.Right? Up the Republic!



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *