BootsnAll Travel Network



I knew it wouldn’t be easy…

Well, it’s been a little over a week now and I’ve been hestitating to update this blog.  Why?  Because I’ve been cranky as hell.  At first I thought it was because I was failing as a traveler.  I was getting so pissed off at how often I’d been cheated…couldn’t stand being stared at one more time…the smells are noxious in some places…getting peeked in on while showering…finding someone sleeping in my berth on an overnight train ride…having to say no at every turn…Mumbai and Nasik have to go down as the most polluted cities I’ve ever visited in my life.  Aurangabad saw some street urchins trying to steal the sunglasses off of my face and an unscrupulous hotel propietor. 

So now for the good…the lovely ladies at the sari shop in Nasik, Mr. Nasir in Aurangabad (best autorickshaw ride around), the trains, finding out that it can take up to 7 months to produce a hand woven silk sari, the people of Hyderabad, the rock cut caves (I’ll have pictures up soon, hopefully) that for the most part took 150 years to produce (at least in Ellora), the many nice people I’ve met along the way…and figuring out that my crankyness is not due to failing as a traveler but is a combonation of culture shock, jetlag, PMS, and a cold that finally hit.



Tags: ,

One response to “I knew it wouldn’t be easy…”

  1. me-nikk says:

    yup…

    I remember my friend talking about the men and how… brazen (?) they were. Be careful. There were stories of some very dangerous situations. Take it all with a grain of salt, my sweet friend. And always remember grumpy is not always bad. It is what it is, and you’ll look back on all of this someday and probably remember it all as good.

    Btw, I am a HORRIBLE traveler! Exhausted all the time, pushing myself to see and experience more and usually grumpy at least 1/2 the time. No big deal.

    xoxoxo

  2. Heather Wells says:

    I’ve been hoping you would get a chance to update everything. I saw you on the space and was thrilled! Be safe, be brave, be well
    love
    Heather

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *