BootsnAll Travel Network



give thanks and praises

I do apologize for not updating this as often as I should…but how can I describe in any detail that will help you understand what it’s like to be here? A friend of mine described being in India as being stoned 24/7…she isn’t far off base; there was a pony that trotted down the middle of the street to the middle of the 4 way, relieved his bowels and then turned around and trotted right back where he came from, the other morning in the rain there were 5 older gentlemen in dhotis, walking down the street holding hands and wearing little plastic shopping bags on their heads, 2 men carrying a live sheep that’s painted yellow on a motorcycle, the trucks laden with so many dried coconut husks that their bulk is larger than the truck, the little 2 year old relieving his bowels off the curb of a busy street in Bangalore, the homeless family that seems to rotate and change that live on the vacant spot behind the bus stop, watching a road appear out of sheer will (when I arrived in Mysore there was what seemed to be the remnants of a road, crowded on both sides with stalls and piled with dirt and gravel in the middle with one small path worn through…it’s been trampled on by wheels and feet so much that it’s now a road), being able to touch my chin and knees to the ground (with help) in badakanasana…

It’s hard to put in words how grateful I am to be here and for all of the people I’ve met along the way and the situations that have lead me where I am in my life…exactly where I’m supposed to be.

Happy holidays.



Tags:

2 responses to “give thanks and praises”

  1. Ma says:

    Hello my Sunny-Sun-Shine!
    So gald you are enjoying your stay in Mysore! I miss and love you!
    Take care,
    Ma

  2. Jenny says:

    Hi Sunshine,nrI’m glad your trip in going well. Merry Christmas. I love your photos and hope you have gotten over the dehli belly. We are in Chicago and of course it is cold and snowing but beautiful. Safe travels to you!nrLove,nrJenny and Jay

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *