BootsnAll Travel Network



flip your hips, swing your body back

I spent a week or so town hopping in Himachal Pradesh and I’ll admit that what I loved best was just riding the buses from town to town taking in the beautiful scenery.  We went through some high mountain passes where only pine trees grow and I kept singing “In the Pines” over and over in my head.  The buses also followed along some rushing rivers.  These bus journeys reminded me of all the times the family and I would just drive through the mountains enjoying the views.

 

After I left HM I basically made a mad dash for the border…4 trains, 2 buses and 1 taxi ride in 3 days to make it to Pokhara, Nepal.  I LOVE NEPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It doesn’t have the hassle that India has.  The people are friendlier, the landscape is cleaner and there are mountain views wherever you look.

 

On my second day here I signed up for a 4 day kayak clinic with Paddle Nepal.  When I arrived at the office on the first day I was given the boat I would be using…as soon as I saw it I knew this was going to be a really good time.  Written on the back of the boat was the email address of a friend that I met in Mysore, Colin from Scotland.  The first day was spent on Phewa Tal (lake) learning different paddle strokes, self rescue, T rescue, 90 degree roll (which I never got), high brace and low brace.  The 2nd through 4th days were spent on the lower Seti River with 2 nights of camping.  So far that trip has been the biggest highlite of this entire adventure.  I only capsized twice, both on the second day.

 

Tomorrow I leave for a trek, the Annapurna Base Camp trek.  It’s kn own as a teahouse trek because there is no need to camp along the way.  You stay with families in guesthouses.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *