BootsnAll Travel Network



Cervantino Festival, Mexico

Cervantino
Guanajuato’s 35th annual Cervantino international festival is coming up – October 3rd to 21st. Official site at http://festivalcervantino.gob.mx/fic07-pre/

This is not one to miss…

From Wiki:

The Festival Internacional Cervantino (Internacional Cervantes Culture Festival) is an annual festival of performing arts and culture based in the state capital of Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico, celebrating the cultural contributions of Miguel de Cervantes.

The festival takes place every October (specific dates vary) and features world-class performances by international and Mexican groups, in music, dance, theater, visual arts, and street-performance. Every year the festival invites a different country of honor, as well as a specific Mexican state, to bring traditional and contemporary performances from that region. The attendance is very wide, drawing spectators from throughout Mexico and the world and often tickets to performances (as well as local hotels) are booked months in advance. In recent years, the festival has become a magnet for a younger generation, more interested in the party atmosphere that accompanies the festival than in the performances themselves, and the streets are often jam-packed.

This year’s invited country is China and the highlighted Mexican state is San Luis Potosi, though this year will feature artists and performances by over 2400 people from 27 different countries.

Cervantino

You’ll find the official program by visiting this site in Spanish. Here’s a sampling of the scheduled performances.

Oct. 4th at 12:00 PM Consort Veneto – a flute and guitar ensemble, in the Templo de la Valenciana.

Oct. 4th at 8:00 PM La Linterna Roja – the Chinese national ballet, in the Auditorio del Estado.

China Ballet

Oct. 7th at 12:00 PM Fondazione Aida will perform the play El Principe Feliz, at the children’s theatre.

Oct. 12th at 8:00 PM Tanghetto will perform electronic tango at the Explanada de la Alhondiga.

Tanghetto

and so on and so on…go visit the official site to see other listings. There are many.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *