BootsnAll Travel Network



Sad Goodbyes

Well, it looks like I’ll be starting off on Tuesday since the train is at 9h40am and I still need to get to the post office on Monday. It’s going to be fucken hard to say goodbye and I’m getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it. I mean, I bought my surfboard 8 years ago just before I went to Bali with it. We’ve had some good times man and if there was any way I could justify keeping it, I would. But it’s just not feasible to travel with it any longer or to post it home. It’s going to break my heart to leave it here; I’m going to miss that surfboard.

Anyway, besides that I just have to do a couple of small things like change money and get the vaccines injected. And get another type of anti-malarial because the one the pharmacies have here is ineffective in West Africa (yep, it’s that stupid.) Apparently they have another one (doxycycline) but its not listed as an anti-malarial so I’ll try to get that. Then it’s off we go…

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Sad Goodbyes”

  1. Basheera Says:

    Hey Jabs! I sympathise your loss, unfortunately there is no empathy… I myself not attached to anything like a surf board. Closest i get is an ironing board really! Anyway long time brother man… * I curtsey for you * Excuse my ignorance but where are you off too now?

  2. Basheera Says:

    Naz & i just had a squizz thru ur pics and we agree that… there is just no one like u Jabs!

  3. admin Says:

    Mauritania, and then Senegal – inshallah. Yes, I didn’t know Mauritania was a country either.

  4. duli adams Says:

    just miss ya…feels like ages you’ve left. reading adventures…sounds great….still trying to keep up with this blog stuff…will catch up on everything again.
    adios for now.salaams, duls

  5. alvaro Says:

    Dakla is Western Sahara not Morocco. Please, be more accurate about political geography. Many Thanks

  6. Posted from Spain Spain

Leave a Reply