BootsnAll Travel Network



Fezgettaboutit

So Fez pretty much was just a big Medina. Its should be better once they finish renovating all the monuments and let you in. The new King is stoked for tourism and so Morocco is gearing for a 500% or more jump in people. I didn’t give Fez much chance but after one day and it started raining, I got out of there quick.

The train is a cheap, efficient and comfortable way to get around Morocco. Fez to Marrakesh is 7 and a half hour ride for 170Dh. Except for the last two hours, the scenery pretty much looked like the rolling farmlands of the Western Cape. Just replace the wine farms with orange groves (I almost said orange tree farms there), the steeples with minarets and the shacks with low cost brick housing. Oh, and a lot of donkeys. Like a kak lot.

On the window of the train it says: Issue de Secours. On the back window of a Golden Arrow bus in Cape Town it says: “In case of emergency kick out glass” or something like that. I so want to kick out that window! Even the slightest accident is going to have me charging that window. By the time I sit down in a Cape Town bus I have figured out the most efficient way to pick myself up and charge the window no matter which side the bus lands on. No one is going to beat me to that back window.

Now I think “Issue de Secours” means “Emergency Exit.” So if on the news there is a Moroccan train crash (highly unlikely; they drive real safe) and you think I’m on it and they show an aerial view, look for the cabin where the window is 100 meters from the train – that’s where I got out.

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Fezgettaboutit”

  1. mielo Says:

    more time i, sounds like you’re having a jus time…maximum respect!!! Stoked for the mun catching sum waves wiv the norf african arabs. Winter swell is startin to happen in the fairest cape and the waters not so cold anymore. I tried sending you a text the other day, did you get it? How are you coping wiv the language barrier? What are the people like? How developed are these places? Are you travelling with you surf board. Are you surfin baggies? Have you made friends wiv any of the locals? stop messin about jabs and post more pics!!
    keep safe
    dont smoke too much hash!!!

  2. T-BONE Says:

    YES AY !!! yaw man it sounds like you just ripping it up there aya….i reading this while my boss is standing around waiting for some sign-off document thinking to myself – FOKKIT – this maan is in morocco and im a concrete rat….hahahah – dont worry aya,im working my way there!! but its good to see you catching some waves…and im digging the descriptions….sounds like you getting kinky in the shower plekke 🙂 otherwise,language,arabic,are you rapping with the locals yet 😉 but ya here is all good…surfs getting better..MArgie and Likahad one dope housewarming..a martini party…naddy and the helese massif where there…there was even a BOTS aya..actually 2 different fights broke out…kak funny..one over Lika and one that phiri (nadia’s brother) got into with some other bra…that was kak funny…otherwise all good…me just working my gat off…Mel and myself are still cool…heheheh interpret as you wish 😉 but otherwise just stoked that all is guud on your side…one love king – ps im also trying to call/sms you on your cell….not happening ?

  3. admin Says:

    Good to hear from you ouens! Send my love to all mentioned. I keep forgetting to bring my cable to upload pics but thats like waaay down on my list.

    Missioning to get into the desert but otherwise Marakesh is jasgat, even has a Pasha club. Will maybe spend some days in the desert before returning here though. Smaak to check the hotness before summer is voluit.

  4. Fallie Says:

    SALAAM CUZ. YOU MIIISSSSSIOONNNNNINNNG MY BROER.TOILETS LEAVING U IN SUSPENSE. Kak Pun intended. Kyk hier hows the Turkish kin Status for post Jumuah tasbee trekkery?? Good luck with the job interview .CCCHHHHAAAARRRRGGGGEEE

Leave a Reply